in tfs2012 change "src" folder back to "Sources"

Question

• Hi,

apparently tfs2012 has changed the default Sources and Binaries directory to src and bin. I'd like to undo this change on one of my build servers, I think I can do it via $(SourcesSubdirectory) and $(BinariesSubdirectory)? Can these be set via an edit to the DefaultTemplate.xaml that I'm using? if so how. If there's another option I'd be pleased to hear it.

Thanks

Friday, June 21, 2013 11:59 AM

Answers

• Doubleclick the build process template xaml file you're using in TFS Source Control, it will open in Visual Studio (make sure you do this from VS 2012). In the Variables tab you'll find the SourcesDirectory and BinariesDirectory variables. To change the values they're initialized to, navigate to the "Run On Agent" scope in the workflow and find the "Initialize Sources directory" activity. Change the value in the properties window to read whatever you want.

Save the file and check it back in. 

Note: this will change the directories for all Build Definitions that use this template file in this Team Project. If you don't want this, save it as a new file instead and add that to source control.

My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl

• Marked as answer by timB33 Monday, June 24, 2013 8:17 AM
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:38 AM

All replies

• Doubleclick the build process template xaml file you're using in TFS Source Control, it will open in Visual Studio (make sure you do this from VS 2012). In the Variables tab you'll find the SourcesDirectory and BinariesDirectory variables. To change the values they're initialized to, navigate to the "Run On Agent" scope in the workflow and find the "Initialize Sources directory" activity. Change the value in the properties window to read whatever you want.

Save the file and check it back in. 

Note: this will change the directories for all Build Definitions that use this template file in this Team Project. If you don't want this, save it as a new file instead and add that to source control.

My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl

• Marked as answer by timB33 Monday, June 24, 2013 8:17 AM
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:38 AM
  • thanks
    Monday, June 24, 2013 8:17 AM
  • If you are working with the TfvcTemplate.12.xaml file you need to set the source directory to "".

Ian Ceicys

Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:13 PM