none
TFS 2013 (XAML) Build --> TFS 2017 (XAML) Build

Question

• Yes, that's what they want. In a test lab I've  upgraded our TFS 2013 Project Collection (with Associated Build controller and agent) ) to a TFS 2017 box but I don't understand what\if I need to do anything to "activate" the upgrade XAML build. Is the  upgrade wizard supposed to recognize the existing build and create a XAML version under TFS 2017?

TIA,

edm2

Monday, April 17, 2017 6:36 PM

Answers

• Hi edm2,

Thank you for posting here.

Do you mean that you migrate the project collection from TFS 2013 to TFS 2017, and keep the controller and agent as TFS 2013 version?

You need to Configure features after the migration , if the wizard is unable to add a feature, you can add it manually.

What’s that mean to ‘upgrade XAML build’?

After the configuration (Configure the moved team project collection and project), the build information will be generated again to tfs_warehouse, but the build version will keep as previous ones. So you don’t need to do anything to upgrade the xaml build.

In addition, please note that xaml builds working with TFS2017 is proving challenging, it hasn't been built in.

Please see this article for more info: https://www.finalbuilder.com/resources/blogs/postid/749/visual-studio-2017-rc-support

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by edm2 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:07 PM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:04 AM