none
VSTS Web Load test parameter access methods RRS feed

• Question

• We are moving away from LoadRunner and shifting to VSTS.I have the following query

Does VSTS provide any in-built functionality to control the sequence of how the parameters are accessed during a run in comparison to LoadRunner? Is there a way to replicate the following in VSTS?

In LR we have scripts which access test data following ways:
    Unique for all iterations
    Unique for each occurrence
    Update value in each iteration
    sequential each occurrence

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Shruti09,

Not very sure that you use the VS IDE or the Azure DevOps, but as far as I know, there are three database access method(Sequential, Random, and Unique) in the web performance tests, you could also get some suggestion from Tim's reply here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85018ca8-3383-43ad-be5b-5bf85a8e8c8c/problem-with-quotaccess-methodquot-in-web-test?forum=vstswebtest

You could also custom code to control the database.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 3:35 PM
  • Hi Shruti09,

Not get your response for several days, would you please share me the latest information in your side?

Could you get useful information from my suggestion? 

If our suggestions are helpful for you, you could accept it as the answer. If not, feel free to share your latest information, we will follow up it in time.

In addition, it seems that you also asked other issues in several cases which are related to the web and load test in this forum, so we look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 22, 2019 3:35 AM