none
add a friends system to app similar to steam? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm making an app and wondering where I could go to learn how to make/implement a friends system like steam, into my app. I basically want the app to be able to give the users the ability to add people, and message them and stuff like that.

I understand I'd need a database, but I'm completely unsure where to go or if there are any videos on how to help, thanks

Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:31 AM

All replies

• Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:11 AM
  • Hi karonicc,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, this app seems to need real-time communication technology, we suggest you could search some courses about it, for example, the real time system course in google, then select the course you like. 

Also you could follow the MSDN Docs which Ken suggests to use SignalR to create a real-time chat application.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:56 AM