Import Mercurial.hg to TFS using TFVC

Question

• Howdy,  I'm trying to combine some existing Mercurial source databases into another TFVC hosted on VisualStudio.com.  Does anybody have suggestions on the best way to do this?

Thanks

David

dbl

• Moved by Limitxiao Gao Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:11 AM Related to VSTS
    Wednesday, June 7, 2017 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi DBLWizard,

This forum is discussing Team Foundation Server. Your issue is related to Visual Studio Team Service. I will move this thread to corresponding forum.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:10 AM
  • Check this link https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36507797/importing-mercuialhg-repository-to-team-foundation-services

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Yeah that was my thread from over a year ago and I tried to revive it to get some additional answers as I tried to work through additional steps and I didn't get any response.  So I thought I'd try here.  I have the "Git" repository created and am now trying to pull the git repository and then push it to visualstudio.com.

dbl

Friday, June 9, 2017 1:07 AM
  • Adding to Sheethal’s response, nothing has changed. There is no tool to move from Mercuria to VSTS. I would suggest you, do a GET LATEST from Mercuria, then ADD to VSTS and keep Mercuria around for historical reference needs.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Nayana A S Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:08 AM
    • Edited by Nayana A S Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:51 AM
    Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:08 AM