none
How do I Switch from VB to C++ RRS feed

• Question

• I have MSVS 2008 and 2010. Both have been used to run Visual BASIC. I would like to run C++. How so I get MSVS to open to let me use C++?
    Emerogork
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• Well, you need to create a C++ project. If you can't Visual C++ project category in the New Project dialog try looking under Other Project Types. If it's not there either the probably C++ support has not been installed and you need to run the installer again and make sure to select Visual C++ related options.

If you have Visual C++ under "Other Project Types" it's possible to bring it at root level by resetting you VS settings, go to Tools menu, Import/Export settings, select Reset All Settings, and then select "General development settings" or "Visual C++ development settings" when asked to select a default collection of settings.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:18 PM

All replies

• Well, you need to create a C++ project. If you can't Visual C++ project category in the New Project dialog try looking under Other Project Types. If it's not there either the probably C++ support has not been installed and you need to run the installer again and make sure to select Visual C++ related options.

If you have Visual C++ under "Other Project Types" it's possible to bring it at root level by resetting you VS settings, go to Tools menu, Import/Export settings, select Reset All Settings, and then select "General development settings" or "Visual C++ development settings" when asked to select a default collection of settings.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response. I will apply it tonight,...
    Emerogork
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:22 PM