none
Deleted files don't go to the trash bin RRS feed

• Question

• I use VS2019 and it removes files permanently. I used to restore deleted files from the trash bin in the previous versions. Can I return this feature somehow ?
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 1:47 PM

All replies

• Are you sure it is not moving the files to the trash bin?  I see files I delete in a visual studio solution go into the trash bin
    Friday, November 1, 2019 12:15 AM
  • Hi Egor Galitsin,

Thank you for posting here.

As Ken Tucker says, the deleted files in solution explorer are also go into Recycle bin on my side. So for your issue, it seems that the files are deleted immediately after moved to Recycle bin. Please open Recycle Bin -> Recycle Bin Properties -> select "customize size"

And in addition, please increase the size or clear some older files, if the recycle bin is full, the files are also deleted automatically.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 1, 2019 2:04 AM
  • Hi Egor,

Did you have any update?

In general, deleting a single file from vs solution explorer will move to the recycle bin. If you are removing a single item, you can find the file under the physical path of the solution and it will not be deleted.

To further troubleshoot your dimension problems, you can reset all VS settings by Tools-->Import and Export Settings-->Reset all settings.

2.run VS with safemode mode and checking if third-party tools are interfering with your project.

3. if the steps above cannot help you solve this issue, you can do a repair in VS Installer.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:02 AM