none
How do I navigate to not directly related screen and pass the selected ID? RRS feed

• Question

• To whom can help!!!

[this is all for HTML client version of LightSwitch]
    Ok, I have played around and searched everywhere and I cannot find an answer to what I think is an easy thing and hoping you can help or point me in the right direction.

I am able to build an application with simple database models; 1 to 1 or 1 to may relationships. My issue arises from doing a multi-table join where there’s a middle connecting table. I inherited a SQL DB that has these tables: Team, Membership, User where the Membership table is a joining table between Team and Users tables.  If I want to add a new User to a Team the only option I have is an Add screen of the Membership all of which is Primary and Secondary keys. Next problem, I want to view Team Users, OK so I fixed that by using a view but now I cannot navigate from the View to User detail view screen.

So how do I; assuming by code control the navigation from one screen to another not directly joined screen (1 to 1)?

Secondly how can I go from a the Team table, get it’s Primary Key and navigate to the Insert User screen and join the new user to the team by adding the keys to the membership table?

I know I can do this all using a stored procedures for the data entry but the navigation between unrelated screens (that are joined by a middle table) is killing me! I have searched and cannot seem to find an answer to something that seems so easy. Am I missing something in Lightswitch?

Thank you in advance!

~Mann
    vbman@hotmail.com

www.VbMan.com

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:58 PM

Answers