none
how to solve mfc140u.dll is missing Error in mfc VC++ RRS feed

• Question

• how to solve mfc140u.dll is missing Error in mfc VC++.

when i run my exe file to another system it gives error.

mfc140u.dll is missing Error in mfc VC++ - try to reinstall and fix the problem.

i use Visual studio Ultimate 2015 preview.

help me . how to solve the problem?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:02 AM

Answers

• Same as before, you need to install the VC++ redist for the VC++ version you have used to compile the program, VS2012 in this case.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

• Marked as answer by Shu 2017 Sunday, May 17, 2015 9:45 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 8:57 AM
  • Well, it seems that you're out of luck and something wrong with that machine. Try looking at the log file to see if there's anything interesting.

In the case of VS2012 you can also copy the necessary dll files to the application directory. The necessary dlls can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\redist\x86. Note that they're placed in various subfolders, ignore them and copy only the dlls.

Friday, May 8, 2015 9:43 AM

All replies

• Running VC++ applications on a machine that doesn't have VC++ installed requires the VC++ redistributable to be installed. You can download the VC++ redist for VS2015 Release Candidate from here: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/visual-studio-2015-downloads-vs (look under Additional Tools).

It's possible to avoid the redist installation requirement by linking statically to MFC but that's not always possible (linking to 3rd party dlls, use of C++/CLI etc.)

• Proposed as answer by DWagner5465436 Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:26 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by DWagner5465436 Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:26 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:24 AM
  • under Additional Tools i download

Microsoft VC++ Redistributable 2015 RC

it's correct ?

and where i install this exe?

error giving system or software developing system?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:35 AM
  • Yep, that's the download. You install it on the machine you want your application to run on.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:41 AM
  • after installed the vc_redist.exe the software developing system gives error (before the sw installation it runs perfectly) named as

Severity    Description    Project    File    Line
    Error    error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741511.    AppName   Microsoft.CppCommon.targets    266

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:43 AM
  • Hrm, looks like the compiler crashed. What version of VS 2015 are you actually using? Is it the release candidate or an earlier preview? You should use the release candidate.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:52 AM
  • i used Visual Studio 2015 ultimate Preview.

how to change preview to release candidate?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:56 AM
  • Now how to i resolve error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741511. error?
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:58 AM
  • "how to change preview to release candidate?"

You can install the RC from the same page I mentioned above. It's called Enterprise Edition now.

"Now how to i resolve error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741511. error?"

Install the VS RC or repair the VS Preview.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:20 AM
  • after repair i cant able to debug the application.

in near start(debug) icon it shows Attach. and i click the attach it show one new window.

what i choose in attach window?

now how can i run this project?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:42 AM
  • "in near start(debug) icon it shows Attach. and i click the attach it show one new window"

I've never seen such a thing. But I suppose that's why it's a "preview" release. Probably the best thing to do is to uninstall it and install the RC.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:52 AM
  • Ya okay.

It's free Version or need to Pay?

and
    can i do without uninstall preview version?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:57 AM
  • "It's free Version or need to Pay?"

The Enterprise version isn't free and the Ultimate preview that you had wasn't free either. They're all limited time preview/trials.

The Community edition is free but it has certain limitations with respect to commercial usage. In short, you can use it for non commercial purposes or in small companies. See the comparison page for details: https://www.visualstudio.com/products/compare-visual-studio-2015-products-vs

"can i do without uninstall preview version?"

Well, if repair didn't work properly I don't see any other option.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:26 AM
  • Ya okay Mike.

Price of Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise RC?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:29 AM
  • Quite high if you ask me. If you want to buy something the Professional edition is usually enough. Prices are listed here: https://www.visualstudio.com/vs-2015-product-editions

Those are MSDN subscriptions and include more than VS. I don't know the situation for VS2015 but for past releases the Professional edition was also available standalone at a lower price.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:36 AM
  • ya k thanks Mike.

i now i able to build solution.

i install vc_redist.x64.exe in targeted system . but still it shows same error

how can i solve this problem in Visual Studio 2015 ultimate Preview..?

Is any way to resolve this Issue?

• Proposed as answer by davewilk Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:18 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by davewilk Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:19 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:50 AM
  • ya k thanks Mike.

i now i able to build solution.

i install vc_redist.x64.exe in targeted system . but still it shows same error

how can i solve this problem in Visual Studio 2015 ultimate Preview..?

Is any way to resolve this Issue?

Unless your program is 64 bit, you should be installing the x86 version of vc_redist.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:22 AM
  • "vc_redist.x64.exe in targeted system "

Is your application 64 bit? If not then you need to install the 32 bit redist (vc_redist.x86.exe).

Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:29 AM
  • i installed vc_redist.x86.exe . after that i run my exe it shows another error

Error_sceenshot

how can i solve?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:01 AM
  • Hmm, are you still using the VS preview? It's not going to work with the VS RC redist.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:18 AM
  • Yeah, yes .

Is any chance to solve this error in VS 2015 ultimate preview?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:24 AM
  • Hmm, the downloads for pre-RC releases don't seem to be available anymore. See if you have the redist in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\redist\1033

I have the RC installed and the redist is there but I don't know if the same is true in the case of the preview you have.

Note that preview redists aren't supposed to be used "in production". That is, you should not ship your application+preview redist to a customer.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:49 AM
  • Hi Mike,

i developed one project using Visual Studio 2012 Professional with Blend and my system it works fine for me.

but run my exe file to another system it give error mfc110u.dll is missing try to fix.

"how to solve mfc110u.dll is missing Error in MFC VC++"

how to solve this error?

• Proposed as answer by andrew rud Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:35 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 8:54 AM
  • Same as before, you need to install the VC++ redist for the VC++ version you have used to compile the program, VS2012 in this case.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Friday, May 8, 2015 8:57 AM
  • i tried this way but no use. same error will appear.

Friday, May 8, 2015 9:06 AM
  • Did you install the redist that matches the platform (x86 or x64) of your application?
    Friday, May 8, 2015 9:12 AM
  • my application compiled with Win32.

my another system is windows 64-bit operating system.

i install vcredist_x64.exe to another system. and then run my application. but i shows mfc110u.dll missing error. i also tried ,

vcredist_x86.exe - but i does not install my another system. it gives installation error

Friday, May 8, 2015 9:24 AM
  • Well, it seems that you're out of luck and something wrong with that machine. Try looking at the log file to see if there's anything interesting.

In the case of VS2012 you can also copy the necessary dll files to the application directory. The necessary dlls can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\redist\x86. Note that they're placed in various subfolders, ignore them and copy only the dlls.

Friday, May 8, 2015 9:43 AM
  • application development system has all dll files.

where do i put dll files in another system?

Friday, May 8, 2015 9:48 AM
  • "where do i put dll files in another system?"

I've told you above, in your application's directory, where the .exe is.

• Proposed as answer by Pintu Shukla Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:52 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 9:54 AM
  • Thanks a lot Mike,

Now it's Working Well.

There is any option to integrate those dll files into my application?
    Friday, May 8, 2015 10:06 AM
  • You can use dependency walker to find all the dependent dll and then copy all the required dll at the same path where your exe is located . If you are using manifest file in that case you have to make changes in the manifest file so that it should locate the dll to local directory where your exe is located.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:52 AM
  • "There is any option to integrate those dll files into my application?"

Depends on what you mean by integrate. I told you from the very beginning that you can statically link to the MFC. I don't know if it works for your application as you didn't provide any additional details. I suppose you could simply try and see if it works:

In Project Properties, Configuration Properties, General set "Use Of MFC" to "Use MFC in a static library".

If static linking doesn't work then the only "integrate" option is to create an installer for your application that takes care of copying all the necessary files.

Sunday, May 10, 2015 6:42 AM
  • "If static linking doesn't work then the only "integrate" option is to create an installer for your application that takes care of copying all the necessary files"

How to create installer for my application and copy all necessary files?

Monday, May 11, 2015 4:28 AM
  • I don't know, I'm not usually working with installers. There the "Installshield Limited Edition" (see New Project, Other Project Type, Setup and Deployment). Some versions of VS have their own installer project type but AFAIK that's not the case with VS2012. And there are 3rd party tools such as WiX and Inno Setup.

Monday, May 11, 2015 5:59 AM
  • Thanks! Mindmanager 2018 Works with MS Visual C++ 2017
    Monday, March 19, 2018 9:44 AM