none
What type of cache is this? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a minimal app developed in .NET core 3.0 API app which communicates with an Azure SQL DB. I am using EF Core code-first approach for this and scaffolded the API controller from the model. I didn't explicitly perform caching anywhere. I have noticed that if I call the API to get all records, for the first time the request takes 7 seconds to give the response, but if I call the same call again with a shorter time span, it takes only 100 milliseconds - another call after some minutes again takes 6 to 7 mins and followed by a 100-150 millisecond response time for the consecutive call within a very short time span. I can not see any cache related info in the any of the above-mentioned responses (in headers). So where does this caching is actually happening? Is it something related to SQL or EF Core or anything else?
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi IshamMohamed,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, this issue is about the ASP.NET Core development and our forum is to discuss the .NET Framework installation, please redirect to this appropriate forum:https://forums.asp.net/1255.aspx/1?ASP+NET+Core and start a new thread for better support, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, October 4, 2019 2:54 AM