none
tracelogpackage failed visual studio 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

When I want to debug and run my projects,it's not work and There was an error titled “Invalid Pointer”.

I'm checked the ActivityLog.xml file and fault with a Package called tracelogpackage that failed to load.It’s wrong message is :

<entry>
        <record>604</record>
        <time>2019/05/11 11:44:16.459</time>
        <type>Error</type>
        <source>VisualStudio</source>

<description>CreateInstance failed for package [Microsoft.VisualStudio.TraceLogPackage.TraceLogPackage]Source: &apos;mscorlib&apos; Description: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.&#x000D;&#x000A;System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---&gt; System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly &apos;Microsoft.VisualStudio.Diagnostics.HubExtensions, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TraceLogPackage.TraceLogPackage..ctor()&#x000D;&#x000A;   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean&amp; canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal&amp; ctor, Boolean&amp; bNeedSecurityCheck)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyString, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)&#x000D;&#x000A;   at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly &apos;Microsoft.VisualStudio.Diagnostics.HubExtensions, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.&#x000D;&#x000A;File name: &apos;Microsoft.VisualStudio.Diagnostics.HubExtensions, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a&apos;&#x000D;&#x000A;   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TraceLogPackage.TraceLogPackage..ctor()&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.&#x000D;&#x000A;To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.&#x000D;&#x000A;Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.&#x000D;&#x000A;To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].&#x000D;&#x000A;</description>

<guid>{494B203E-3C94-40AB-B331-6CB32460B617}</guid>
        <hr>80004005 - E_FAIL</hr>
        <errorinfo></errorinfo>
      </entry>

What can I do to fix this problem?

I hope you can help me.

Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 .. Version 14.0.25420.01

.Net Framework 4.6

Windows 7

Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Majid986,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, this issue seems that some dlls file could not be loaded correctly. Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot it:

1, close the visual studio 

2, Go to control panel /Programs/Programs and Features/Uninstall or change a program

3, find the visual studio 2015, then right-click, choose change, then repair it

4, reboot the machine, then open VS to debug the project again

If there are any update information, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Majid986,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, this issue seems that some dlls file could not be loaded correctly. Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot it:

1, close the visual studio 

2, Go to control panel /Programs/Programs and Features/Uninstall or change a program

3, find the visual studio 2015, then right-click, choose change, then repair it

4, reboot the machine, then open VS to debug the project again

If there are any update information, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Yes..It was an easy solution

Thanks..It's working

Of course there are still minor problems, but the implementation problem is made and programs are Runnig.

• Edited by Majid986 Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:17 PM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:14 PM