none
How to I resolve error: "form does not support code parsing or generation because it is not contained with a project that supoorts code RRS feed

• Question

• Do not recall changing any setting related to code parsing.  This error message came out of no where.  Using VB.net in VS 2017.

ISV using VB.net and SQL Server

Sunday, June 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply.

This error was received when a new form was added to an existing project.

Over night I repaired VS and will report back when we test.

• Marked as answer by Jeff07 Monday, June 29, 2020 2:25 PM
    Monday, June 29, 2020 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff07,

You can try to add a new form into your project, then check if the error persists.

And we also suggest you could create a new project, then add existing items into this new project, and then check if it can work.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 29, 2020 8:00 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

This error was received when a new form was added to an existing project.

Over night I repaired VS and will report back when we test.

• Marked as answer by Jeff07 Monday, June 29, 2020 2:25 PM
    Monday, June 29, 2020 1:45 PM
  • Repairing VS did remove the errors received when creating a new form.  However, form events are not available when viewing the form code.  Will open a new post for this.

Monday, June 29, 2020 2:25 PM
  • Add a new form to the project and see if the error persists.

OR

Create one more project and replicate all the components of the first project into the second project and see if you find any inconsistencies.

Monday, June 29, 2020 3:24 PM
  • How is your solution different from Dylan's?

Monday, June 29, 2020 3:47 PM