none
Have a question about c++ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a question. I have a project that I have made and its an old one with vs2013 C++ What I wanted to ask is there a way to generate a form out of my code. Why I'm asking this is before I made this project I did the GUI though c++ in stead of making a form. Can this be done, Its a big GUI and I just don't want to change all of the code one by one. Thanks
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>What I wanted to ask is there a way to generate a form out of my code. Why I'm asking this is before I made this project I did the GUI though c++ in stead of making a form. Can this be done, Its a big GUI and I just don't want to change all of the code one by one.

According to the issue ,I wonder if you mean you want to existing C++ code to generate a winform directly? If so, as far as I'm concerned it is impossible.

If you want to create C++ windows forms application, I suggest you could refer to the link: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a9529502-6304-4aa6-90ee-0757ab258d87/create-c-windows-forms-application-in-visual-studio-2017?forum=winforms

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:19 AM
  • I did the GUI though c++ in stead of making a form.

If I understand you correctly, you have written the GUI in pure Visual C++ code (creating views and controls, positioning the controls, etc.) instead of using the resource editor?

It is not possible to convert C++ Code into a resource file.

When you develop in Visual Studio, you should use the development tools that VS provides.

Regards, Guido

Friday, September 27, 2019 6:01 AM