none
Visual Studio 2019 Libraries like RestSDK for C++ RRS feed

• Question

• How do I install and use Visual Studio libraries such as RestSDK with C++.

It's not clear to me if RestSDK is already include when Visual Studio 2019 was installed, or if I need to add it.

I see RestSDK on Git, but the instructions using VCMgr indicate I need to set up some kind of automatic update so each time I Build, a new version of the library may be installed.  I don't want that moving target with a production app.  I would prefer to update any libraries on my schedule.

How do I install the RestSDK library? 

How do I specify where it will be located? 

How do I reference that library in my code?

Should I use NuGet?

I saw a library on NuGet with Rest and Soap capability which could be useful.  It''s not a Microsoft library, it by some person.  How do I know if the code is stable or appropriate to use?

I'm trying to set up an appropriate development environment for production apps.  I'm new to Visual Studio and would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks much.

Friday, November 22, 2019 1:39 PM

All replies

• Please post links to what you are asking about.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, November 22, 2019 5:00 PM
  • Hi GBears,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description,

>>It's not clear to me if RestSDK is already include when Visual Studio 2019 was installed, or if I need to add it.

## You could add the REST SDK to a project by using NuGet. For NuGet and NuGet Package Manager, they are automatically installed with any .NET-related workloads. You could install it individually by selecting the Individual components -> Code tools -> NuGet package manager option in the VS installer. You could refer to the link.

>> How do I install the RestSDK library? 

## You’re using VS2019. So you could install it by the following steps:

#1. right-click References or a project

#2. select Manage NuGet Packages…

#3. Then you will find the C++ REST SDK by using the search box on the upper left and install it.

>> How do I specify where it will be located? 

## The location path of REST SDK library is specified with your project. You could check it in the Path of Solution Explorer.

>> How do I reference that library in my code?

## That libraries are listed in the References node of Solution Explorer. You could refer to them in your project with using statements.

>> Should I use NuGet?

## If your project needs some tools provided by NuGet, I suggest you should use it.

BTW, if you have an issue about Visual C++ code development, I suggest you could ask Visual C++ forum for a better support.

In addition, for your requirement, we suggest you could post multiple threads so that we can follow your issues better.

Hope all above will help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 25, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi GBears

Sorry to disturb you.

Are our suggestions useful for you to solve your issue?

If my reply doesn’t work, please feel free to contact us, we can help you research it again.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 29, 2019 6:13 AM