none
Visual studio launch issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am currently using Visual studio Professional 2015 with my Microsoft account. Today when I log in, it is asking me to update license or unlock using product Key. I have read some forums and people were able to sign out and sign back in to avoid this message and launch VS successfully. But I have did the same and didn't work for me, additionally I tried using another account and it kept giving me same message and I have never used new Microsoft account before for login. So, I tried reinstalling to see if that helps and still the same. Please help !

Thanks.

Monday, November 20, 2017 7:20 PM

All replies

• Jeevinsanju,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>it is asking me to update license or unlock using product Key

It informs you to purchase the VS license, which is not related to sign in Microsoft account, the sign in operation is just to help you synchronize your Visual Studio settings.  Settings that you customize, such as key bindings, window layout and color theme, apply immediately when you sign in to Visual Studio on any device. See Synchronized Settings in Visual Studio.

You can purchase Visual Studio Professional without MSDN subscription or a Visual Studio subscription Here are your options:

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

visual studio community edition is free to use, you just need to sign in it and then can use it for as long as you like, instead of being limited to the trial period of 30 days.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:10 AM