none
Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I migrated a windows application which was written in  c# (.net 2003) to .net 2005. But when i run my application it shows the following error Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

I am using AxInterop.MSChart20Lib.dll and Interop.MSChart20Lib.dll for the chart control. I am not able to register these 2 dlls.

Please help.

Regards,

Durga.

Monday, January 22, 2007 4:19 AM

All replies

• What happens if you run regsvr32 /s on the two DLLs? You might get an error back, and find out that it's something like a missing dependency lib.
    Monday, January 22, 2007 4:25 AM
  • Should I have MS Office front page to be installed for this to work?
    Monday, January 22, 2007 4:45 AM
  • If I try to register the dlls keeping them in bin folder, i get the error "module not found".

so i placed the dlls by creating a folder called dll in C:/

Now this is the error I get when i try to register  "C:\dll\Interop.MSChart20Lib.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found."

:-(

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:13 AM
  • The problem was the chart control was not working in 2005. Since the control is a VB component, it will work in systems having VB installed (by default, the mschrt20.ocx is present in C:\WINDOWS\system32). Else the .ocx file (mschrt20.ocx) required for the chart control needs to be registered.

The following steps must be taken:

1. The mschrt20.ocx must be copied in C:\WINDOWS\system32 in .net 2005 system
    2. Registration of mschrt20.ocx must be done using “ regsvr32 “
    3. Run the project.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:21 AM
  •  I get when i try to register  "C:\dll\Interop.MSChart20Lib.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found." any one can please help me
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:08 PM