none
Word - managing ribbon instances - vsto 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to manage toggle buttons' checked state in my ribbon independently between different documents in Word.

I couldn't find a way to affect only the active instance of my ribbon, and so, my toggle button's states are synchronizing across the differents Word windows.

I could use some help, if it's possible at all, that is.

Thanks

S.
    Friday, February 8, 2008 1:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you customize the ribbon, via Word Add In?

If that is the case, it is by designed that all document share the same instance of Ribbon. Your objective cannot be achieved directly.

Based on my thought, why not store the state in each document and subscribe WindowsActivate event, once any document become activate, change toggle buttons' checked state according to document's state.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Ji

Monday, February 11, 2008 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you customize the ribbon, via Word Add In?

If that is the case, it is by designed that all document share the same instance of Ribbon. Your objective cannot be achieved directly.

Based on my thought, why not store the state in each document and subscribe WindowsActivate event, once any document become activate, change toggle buttons' checked state according to document's state.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Ji

Monday, February 11, 2008 7:18 AM
  • Thats how I did it, thanks.

But i hoped there was a better and lighter option (ie, a collection i had missed). I wasn't sure the docs shared the same instance of ribbon.
    Monday, February 11, 2008 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

Can you tell me how can I get the toggle button instance on the ribbon?

• Edited by Yi Yao Monday, January 16, 2012 2:55 AM
    Monday, January 16, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Hi, can you tell me your email?

I have some question about this.

Monday, January 16, 2012 5:49 AM