none
vs2015 Find and replace checkbox's missing

Question

• Hi
    when selecting the find and replace dialog box in the VS2015 IDE i no longer have the check box's to select things like "Match Case", "Match whole word" etc. just the text, ive searched for hours on the web and nothing has shown up, with this driving me mad - has anyone else had this as it seems to have happened recently and i have no idea how to fix it. any help appreciated

Thanks

Bob
    Thursday, December 07, 2017 5:58 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to resize the Find and Replace dialog in order to see all of the controls?

Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:27 PM
  • >when selecting the find and replace dialog box in the VS2015 IDE i no longer have the check box's to select things like "Match Case", "Match whole word" etc.

Bob,

Are you running one of the recent Windows 10 Insider builds? What you describe was a problem with a prior version (I can't recall
    which one), but it's OK with 17046.

Dave

Thursday, December 07, 2017 9:12 PM
  • Hi Bob,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, it seems you lost the Find options in the Find and Replace window as below, right?

Please have a try with the following to narrow down this issue:

1. Go to Tools>Import and Export Settings>Reset all settings, back up your current setting and choose ‘General’ to restore to the default setting
    2. Go to Window>Reset Window Layout to reset layout
    3. Open CMD and navigate to the VS 2015 installation folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE and run the command: devenv /safemode to run it as safe mode, then check if the installed extensions caused this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 08, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Hi Bob,

Do you have any updates? If my reply not works for your issue, please feel free to let us know. If I made any misunderstanding, please provide more detail information in here, thank you for your cooperation.

If your issue is solved, we are also welcome you share the solution in here and mark it as an answer, that will help other community members who meet the same or similar issue, then we will close this thread for you.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:47 AM