TFS Checks out every dtproj file when opening a solution(SSIS)

General discussion

• Just started using vs2015 from vs2010. After that every time I open the solution file for our SSIS projects, it checks out every project file in that solution. Can not do undo, it does not do anything. We have to check those files in every time!!

This happens to all the users, and only in the solution file that contains SSIS projects. Our Analysis Services projects does not check out the project file when we open the solution. 

Checked the .database file, but its showing the same values on the server and locally. 

Checked the difference on the project file, but there is none.

Its really annoying to have to check in the project files every time. 

Using Team Foundation Server 2013

Friday, October 7, 2016 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi RobertKarlsen,

Thank you for posting here.

What version of Visual Studio do you use and have you tried other version of Visual Studio? In my scenario, those files won't be checked out when open a SSIS solution.

>>every time I open the solution file for our SSIS projects, it checks out every project file in that solution

Did all SSIS solutions both have this issue or only this solution has?

If the files is checked out, could you see them in Pending changes. When you do the Undo action, is there any errors appear?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:36 AM
  • Hi, thanks for answering.

Im using

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
    Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.6.01586

It worked fine when I used VS 2010, but after upgrading the project files gets checked out. What I found out is that if I open a solution where the TargetServerVersion on the project is still SQL Server 2012 it will work fine. I.e will not check out the project file.

I see them in Pending changes. Undoing does nothing, they are still checked out. No error is showing.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Not sure if this is the same exact issue but we upgraded our VS solution from VS 2012 / SQL 2012 to VS 2015 / SQL 2014 and since then our SSIS project showed out of sync with subversion as soon as we opened the solution in VS 2015. We've found that it is related to a VS versioning/build issue and once we opened every package and saved them, then committed the project file & packages, the issue was resolved.
    Friday, February 24, 2017 4:30 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. We upgraded from SSIS 2012 to SSIS 2016 always using VS 2015.

This are our environment:

• VS 2015: 14.0.25431.1 Update 3.
    • SSDT: SQL Server Integration Services: 13.0.1601.5.

Our solution has 2 SSIS projects:

1. The project is deployed using Project Deployment mode. It is checkout automatically and most of the times there are no differences when check-in.
    2. The project uses Project Deployment mode, but the packages are not deployed. They are used to migrate data during test phase. No automatic checkout is done by TFS.

All packages from both projects have already been upgraded to SSIS 2016.

Thanks in advance,

Tiago Rente.

Monday, November 6, 2017 1:56 PM