none
Accessing network path with windows authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am trying to create service which acesses different drop locations based on the user authenticating (via windows authentication) 

To the service

The drop locations have different user permissions due to security reasons

When i try to read the files i get access denied

Can this be achieved?

I tried setting user and computer delegation but it did not work, am i i missing somthing?

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Liran,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I might need to confirm something from you.

Which version of Visual Studio do you use? Which kinds of project do you use?

Not sure if this document: Credential input for application and service logon could help you, you could refer to this.

Since it is hard for us to check or reproduce your issue, if possible, could you share us with more details or maybe preparing steps? And this will be helpful for us to analyze your issue.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 7:25 AM
  • Hi Liran Dobrish,

Did the account also need other credential provider architecture, for example Single sign-on provider? 

The SSO provider is used to permit users to make a connection to a network before logging on to the local computer. Please refer more: Credential input for user logon

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 1, 2019 3:25 AM
  • Hi

Im using VS2019 (last update) and the project is an ASPNet web api project.

what i am trying to accomplish is accessing network drives using the service windows authentication.

so different users will have different access to network drives according to the client calling the service.

i don't use any other authentication on the service other then windows authentication.

Friday, November 1, 2019 5:17 AM
  • Hi Liran Dobrish,

Thank you for reply.

Did these account locate in the same domain? You could try "Domain\user name" and the account password to log-on.

If it still doesn't work, it might be related to development, we recommend you could redirect to asp.net form, where you could get dedicated support for it.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 1, 2019 6:31 AM