none
Upgrade Lightswitch from VS 2013 to VS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

It's possible to upgrade an Lightswitch application created in VS 2013 community to VS 2015?

I've been trying change all the references into project files, but i can't find a way to make it work properly.

Thank's!

Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:52 PM

All replies

• I was able to migrate all of my 2013 projects to 2015 not too long ago.

What I did was open my 2013 solutions with VS2015 and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade. It then went an automated process to upgrade everything.

I did have an issue, after the upgrade I was unable to save changes back to an SQL data source. After much hair pulling I was able to find the issue. In VS2013 my project was using the msls-2.5.2.js Script. VS2015 changed it to use the newer msls-2.5.3.js Script, and there is a bug in the save operation in the newer script.

Two ways to fix... import the msls-2.5.2.js from your old project into the upgraded project's Scripts folder, and change the reference in your default.html file. This 'seemed' to work, or at least I was able to save data using that but I didn't test too much after that. I went a step further and dug into the 2.5.3 file, I wanted to know why it was broken. With a suggestion from "Ian E" I found that the query being sent to the server was being URL encoded twice. So I tracked down where in the msls js that was being handled and was able to correct the code.

If you have the same issue, here is how to correct the 2.5.3 file if you want:

Find this code in msls-2.5.3.js:

request.requestUri = encodeURI(metadata.uri.substr(
         dataServiceDetails._serviceUri.length + 1));

and replace it with this:

request.requestUri = metadata.uri.substr(
         dataServiceDetails._serviceUri.length + 1);

Have fun :)

Jeremy

Monday, February 12, 2018 4:43 PM
  • You will also have to disable all of the extension you might have added to your project first before migrating the project with the above description. 

Full Description

How to: Add or Remove Extensions

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:39 AM