none
Visual Basic 2010 chapter8 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to code "Calculate your commute" in visual basic 2010 chapter 8? i am having trouble because my teacher does not know how to teach and i could possibly fail this class. So please help ASAP!!!
    • Moved by litdev Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:22 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2016 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Anarayyyy,

>>Does anyone know how to code "Calculate your commute" in visual basic 2010 chapter 8?

Could you please first show the detailed description and code to clarify the question so that we could better help you?

Besides, I suggest you’d better fist code it by yourself and if you have any issues during coding, please post them here.

Best Regards,

Albert Zhang

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:37 AM
  • Does anyone know how to code "Calculate your commute" in visual basic 2010 chapter 8? i am having trouble because my teacher does not know how to teach and i could possibly fail this class. So please help ASAP!!!

You should communicate with other students in your class to see if they are incapable of coding "Calculate your commute".

Are you saying that "visual basic 2010 chapter 8", which I suppose is a book, doesn't provide all the information from the first chapter on to get you to the point of programming something in one chapter?

Usually if you read books like that and study and practice and learn then you will be capable of doing what is necessary on your own without instructor input from chapter to chapter IMO.

La vida loca

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:15 PM
  •   Who is the author and publisher of your textbook?  There are several books with that title.  Also state the page number and question number.

Solitaire

Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:54 PM
  •   Who is the author and publisher of your textbook?  There are several books with that title.  Also state the page number and question number.

Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 for Windows, Web, Office, and Database ... by Gary B. Shelly, Corinne Hoisington

Calculate the yearly cost of a commute by car, train and bus. The user selects which, and the questions are displayed.

For car it is daily distance, days worked, miles per gallon, $ per gallon, monthly running costs, and monthly parking

For bus and train it is daily fare and days worked. Images are required. Splash screen is required.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 10:17 PM
  • Considering all of the other chapters preceding chapter 8 I find it difficult to believe that "Calculate your commute" would be a relatively difficult program to write. Apparently this book even provides where to go online to learn which is a good idea in case a teacher is not up to snuff.

La vida loca

Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:37 PM
  • You could use 3 radio buttons for user to select either car, train, or bus.  Display the questions and have user input the required information in textboxes.  Convert the text strings into numbers and use subprocedures to compute the result and display it.

Solitaire

Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:59 PM