none
Login to Microsoft online using VS performance tester RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using Visual studio performance tester 2012 to test an application that uses Microsoft online authentication. I tried to record and replay a login sequence but then I get this error message during replay:

Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.

To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help.

I even tried to add the username and password in the "Credentials" for the test case but with no success.

Tanks for help

BR Stefan

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

Please also try to open IE and reset Security settings in Internet Option, which might help to resolve the error message.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:15 AM
  • Hi Adrian, thanks for your reply!

I'm aware of the fact that you will have to work out what the JavaScript does and perform some equivalent within your tests, however in this case I'm not capable of figuring out how it works. I thought maybe someone else already had the same problem with the Microsoft online login so I thought I would give it a try :)

BR Stefan
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:09 PM
  • Hi Fletcher!

I have no problems recording the login sequence so it should not be a problem with the security settings, right? During replay the browser is not used so in this case it does not matter.

BR Stefan

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:13 PM
  • When you record the login with Visual Studio to create a web performance test the requests created by the Javascript should be recorded. Then all you need to do is to work out which bits within those requests are dynamic data that needs to be handled. You should not need to create the requests yourself. Visual Studio works out some types of dynamic data but it does not find all of them. Hence you need to use the normal web tests development and debugging techniques to identify and handle any remaining dynamic data.

A common way of detecting dynamic data is to record two ".webtest" files that, as nearly as possible, do exactly the same task. Then compare the contents of the two files. As ".webtest" files are just XML you can use any good text comparison program on the files. Sometimes it is necessary to record a third ".webtest" file that logs in as a different user but is otherwise the same as the first two. Then compare this new file against the others.

Regards

Adrian

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 4:06 PM
  • Hi Adrian, excellent tips, however in this case, even though I correlate dynamic parameters, I'm not able to get it right. This Microsoft online login is really a mess :) Anyway, thanks for your suggestions!

BR Stefan

Friday, April 27, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Hi Stefan Stoffe,

As far as I know, the Web performance test engine does not execute JavaScript, you would check that whether you could capture the specific value or just use the coded UI test to log in your page.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ebd03d47-1db5-46d4-81a3-7aac79dbdcc9/how-to-enable-java-scripts-on-web-test-internal-web-browser?forum=vstswebtest

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/visual-studio-2012/ms404678(v=vs.110)

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 30, 2018 7:16 AM