none
Running non-persisted workflow from the middle RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have relatively big workflow, which contains external communication points, where it suspends execution, persists the workflow. When the response comes back, the workflow is loaded and resumed. I am having issues with oracle rack. Sometimes the external response is so quick, that workflow persistence is not done yet. So I could not load the workflow and I need to go into retry loop.

I am thinking of not going the persistence route because I have all the transaction data in the database. When the external response comes back, I can get the data from database and execute the workflow from the point right after where the external communication had occurred occurred. Is there a way that I can execute the workflow from anywhere in the middle?

I wanted to keep the bigger workflow (not breaking it in to small ones), because it gives the pictures of how the data flows.

Appreciate your thoughts and input.

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• is this possible?
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:19 AM
  • I think you can check the CanCreateInstance attribute in the receive activities.. but if you are creating a new workflow instance you have to validate in every point that you are in the correct place right?

cheers!

Pablo Rotondo http://www.datapayasadas.com.ar
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:00 PM