User Stories is missing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a Sys Admin at a company who lost all of their Sys Admins. I'm completely unfamiliar with many of the tools I'm supposed to be supporting -- in this case it is Team Foundations Server. 

So a new client and a new project was added to TFS, but unlike every other client something is missing. When you go to Backlog and try to add a new Backlog item, the options under the drop-down for Type are. 

1.) Bug

2.) Product Backlog Item

It is my understanding that "User Stories" should be one of the options. It isn't there in the new project. If I navigate to Backlog on any other project, "User Stories" is there in the drop-down. How do I remedy this? 

Thanks in Advance! 

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Kevin Sampson,

Thanks for posting here.

According to your description, you need to check which process template does the new project use? If the scrum template, there is no user stories work item in it. User Stories is for Agile by default.

Of course if you need user stories work item in your project, you can add the user stories work item with following the steps in link below:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh409273.aspx

The Agile planning tools—product backlog, sprint backlog, and task board pages—display specific WITs based on the process template used to create your team project. You can add or remove WITs to appear on these pages.  For example, if your team project uses Scrum WITs, both product backlog items and bugs appear on the backlog pages. However, if your team project was created using the Agile, CMMI, or other process template, bugs don't appear on your backlog or task board.

To learn how to add or remove WITs from the backlog or task board, go here. To add a new WIT to support a portfolio backlog, go here.

May

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 30, 2015 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Kevin Sampson,

Thanks for posting here.

According to your description, you need to check which process template does the new project use? If the scrum template, there is no user stories work item in it. User Stories is for Agile by default.

Of course if you need user stories work item in your project, you can add the user stories work item with following the steps in link below:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh409273.aspx

The Agile planning tools—product backlog, sprint backlog, and task board pages—display specific WITs based on the process template used to create your team project. You can add or remove WITs to appear on these pages.  For example, if your team project uses Scrum WITs, both product backlog items and bugs appear on the backlog pages. However, if your team project was created using the Agile, CMMI, or other process template, bugs don't appear on your backlog or task board.

To learn how to add or remove WITs from the backlog or task board, go here. To add a new WIT to support a portfolio backlog, go here.

May

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, October 30, 2015 4:24 AM
  • Hi,

How about your issue now? I temperarily mark the possible reply as answer for this case, when you come back and if the issue is not fixed, you can unmark.

Thanks,

May

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:54 AM