none
Windows 10 development environment VHD RRS feed

• Question

• I navigated to https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines and downloaded WinDev1709Eval.HyperV.zip but it turned out to be Version 10.0.15063 (rs2) instead of Fall Creators Update as advertised on the page...

Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my test, it's indeed like what you said. Please submit this feedback via the built-in Feedback app.

And I also submit it via our own channel.

If any update, I will let you know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Thejaka Maldeniya,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since your problem is more related to development environment on Windows 10, I help you move this thread to Windows forum to get a better help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

It was Windows 10 1709 VHD.

After downloading WinDev1709Eval.HyperV.zip. unzip it to show as blow:

Here I suggest you re-download it and unzip it to confirm.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:12 AM
  • As per your suggestion, I downloaded the file WinDev1709Eval.HyperV.zip a second time and compared it with my first download. They were identical. I also compared the unpacked WinDev1709Eval.vhd file with the previous, and they were also identical. I used FC /B in windows command prompt to compare.

The problem is that even though the filenames say WinDev1709Eval.HyperV.zip and WinDev1709Eval.vhd, the version of windows shown after booting into the vhd is "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]" from the VER command in command prompt, and "Build 15063.rs2_release.170317-1834" on the bottom right of the desktop over the wallpaper.

The filename doesn't match the content.

My ISP imposes a monthly data limit on my internet connection, and this was a rather large file, and I downloaded it twice, but it seems the wrong file is being sent repeatedly, and I'm wasting my monthly data allocation.

The size of WinDev1709Eval.HyperV.zip as shown in Windows explorer file properties is 15,006,465,646 bytes.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:28 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, it's indeed like what you said. Please submit this feedback via the built-in Feedback app.

And I also submit it via our own channel.

If any update, I will let you know.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:07 AM
  • Thanks to everyone for responding.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:53 AM