none
Cannot download updates for Visual Studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

years ago I bought Visual Studio 2012. Now I nedded to reset my laptop and I reinstalled VS, inserting my product key. My problem is that I cannot download updates because, when I bought VS, there was no need to join product key with an account. When I surf to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3072098, I insert my microsoft login but I got the message "Sorry, we couldn't find any downloads for you.".

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks

Fab

Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:29 AM

All replies

• The last update for VS 2012 was Update 5.  It was released in Aug, 2015.  You can download it from here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3072098/visual-studio-2012-update-5

Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:29 AM
  • Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:56 AM
  • Hi Fab,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>> My problem is that I cannot download updates because, when I bought VS, there was no need to join product key with an account.

## According to your description, I think you might could not access this official website for downloading VS 2012, am I right? Ken and RLWA32 have shared you with the links and you could go there then download the update package you want.

Hope all above could help you and if you still could not download the update package, please feel free to let us know and we are willing to help you.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 2:52 AM
  • Hi Fab Lsr,

Sorry for bothering you.

According to this error, we recommend you could go to this site to join Dev Essentials, then re-access the download page to see if it could be downloaded.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Hello

unfortunately no one of the suggestion provided worked in my case...

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:09 AM
  • Hi Fab,

Thank you for the feedback.

Not sure if your Microsoft subscription has been expired, you could go to this website my.visualstudio.com/Subscriptions to check the Valid Through tag.

In general, if you have a Visual Studio Dev Essentials(it’s free) like Dylan said above and you will be able to download the package.

In addition, if possible, could you share us with some screenshots about your error prompt and this is helpful for us to check.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:39 AM