none
Performace Issue on Windows Server 2008 with windows Forms & WPF RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to all,

I'm having problems with performance "graphics" for my application on Windows Server 2008R2. The application is developed in Visual C # 4 and I'm using DevExpress components. It works fine and without problems on different OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows 7/Vista, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008R2 some, unfortunately there are some server on which the application is slow to draw and resize the form. The application is used mainly by the terminal server, but the problem can also be seen from the console.
    The application is compiled for 32bit (for the sake has also installed the assembly with ngen, but nothing has changed), the server in question is very recent (an HP QuadCore with a bang of RAM), the only thing that puzzles me is the video card, a Matrox G200 Intel (bad bad).

A software module is developed in WPF, presents problems even worse on that server.

The occupation of the resources on the server is minimal, even when 10 clients are connected to the RAM does not exceed 40% and the processor has peak when trying to resize or move the form.

I tried to switch off acceleration (Advanced Settings screen -> Troubleshooting -> change settings), but I got only a minimal result, I then thought of a problem with the graphics card. Do you think that would bring some advantage to add a decent graphics card to the server?

At this link you will find a video showing the "performance" on that server: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50713544/video.wmv

Thank you,
    a.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Adimasi,

Try to perform a clean boot on that server, run your application and see if the slow problem persists. Simultaneously, build a simple project using GDI+ and run it on that server to see the problem. I assume there are something cause this problem on the server.

If the problem is caused by DX components, you have to live with it. It’s a 3<sup>rd</sup> party component, it’s out of our support range. You should post thread on their forum for support. https://www.devexpress.com/.

I recommend you find the cause of the problem, maybe you need to split components may cause slow into single programs.

Hope useful.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:32 AM