none
Question on App Service Roles

Question

• Hi,

I have deployed ASDK 1901 and the App Services. I went to verify the roles and I saw 3 of 4 are Ready. I had not seen the App Services do this in previous versions so I decided to kill the browser and clear the cache. I logged back into the Admin Portal and now it shows 3 of 5 are Ready. I looked and the Publisher and the Shared Worker roles are marked as "Installing". Is this typical? If not is there anything that would be causing this to happen? I just want to be sure that the roles and installed correctly. I have recieved no errors at all during the process so I assume its just taking longer to get those roles setup. Could that be it?

Thanks,

Paul Hacker

Paul Hacker

Saturday, April 13, 2019 5:39 PM

Answers

• So I guess I found the answer. I was adding more worker roles to the deployment and I read the following. I imagine this is what is going on.

App Service on Azure Stack will now add the additional VMs, configure them, install all the required software, and mark them as ready when this process is complete. This process can take approximately 80 minutes.

Thanks

Paul Hacker

Paul Hacker

• Marked as answer by Paul J Hacker Saturday, April 13, 2019 7:37 PM
    Saturday, April 13, 2019 7:36 PM