none
How to Start/Stop Role in MS Failover Cluster 2012 with C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I’m desperately looking for the way to control Roles in remote MS Failover Cluster 2012, specifically Start/Stop/Current Status, with C# code

I spent some time googling but couldn’t find solid example of how to do it…

I’m not C# nor Windows Server guru… I would really appreciate any real help in this area.

Thanks.

Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael Ruvinskiy,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my search, I don't find a way to access MS Failover Cluster 2012 using C# language, but Developers can use the Failover Cluster API to create  cluster-aware applications, cluster management applications, and custom resource types .

You can try to check Common Properties of a Cluster Object.

Best Regards,

Hart

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 26, 2018 6:16 AM
  • Hi Hart,

I've found this information as well. I just was hoping to see some code samples...

Nevertheless I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
    Michael.

Monday, February 26, 2018 5:29 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. 

If you want to some code sample, you can write your feedback on user voice, the next product maybe provide the sample. 

Best Regards,

Hart

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Hart Wang Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:23 AM
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:23 AM
  • Thank you Hart,

I think I have figured it out... but I will definitely try "user voice" as well.

Cheers,
    Michael.

• Proposed as answer by Hart Wang Thursday, March 1, 2018 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 11:06 PM