LightSwitch HTML Client - How to add global menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Is it possible to add global menu items like in desktop client LightSwitch? Or something simular to it... How, or better question is, where can I do it?

Ty

Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:21 AM

Answers

• hi!

as i know this is not supported out of the box.. maybe you could create special "browse screen" to serve as menu (put buttons on it in some kind of logical layout), also you can do that with popup and place "menu" button on your start screen command bar, or you could build a table like "main menu" in which you can define ie. "screen name", "screen display name", "picture" as menu icon, and maybe some boolean as "can run" method, then you could put tile control on startup screen to become "menu" .. check this post to see can it help you with last suggestion.. 

this is how it looks in my test project with tile control:

Kivito

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

• Edited by Kivito Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zorčec Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:28 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:44 AM

All replies

• hi!

as i know this is not supported out of the box.. maybe you could create special "browse screen" to serve as menu (put buttons on it in some kind of logical layout), also you can do that with popup and place "menu" button on your start screen command bar, or you could build a table like "main menu" in which you can define ie. "screen name", "screen display name", "picture" as menu icon, and maybe some boolean as "can run" method, then you could put tile control on startup screen to become "menu" .. check this post to see can it help you with last suggestion.. 

this is how it looks in my test project with tile control:

Kivito

• Edited by Kivito Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zorčec Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:28 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:44 AM
  • Thank you. I don't have many screens so I'll keep it simple. But I will keep this in mind. Table solution sound good for something more complex.

Btw. greetings from Croatia ;)

Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:31 AM
  • your welcome!

pozdrav i tebi, takodjer iz Hrvatske.. ;)

Kivito

Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:49 AM