none
TransportwithMessageCredential with Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Actually I created a WCF service, where in am using TransportwithMessageCredential as a binding with certificates. i checked SSL with certificates required in IIS. (also checked Require 128 bit SSL) , binded certificates at server side and client side.

but am getting an error when i am browsing the svc file in internet explorer.

"The SSL settings for the service 'None' does not match those of the IIS 'Ssl, SslNegotiateCert, SslRequireCert, Ssl128'"

But when i select certificates=Accept in IIS then i am not getting any above type of error.

so please let me know, what is the reason when we select certificate=required in IIS it is giving error.

thanks

Venkat

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Venkat,

If you have set IIS server to use SSL/HTTPS and require client certificate, in your WCF service's binding configuration, you should set the security mode to "Transport" and clientCredentialType as "Certificate". e.g.

<basicHttpBinding>
         <binding>
          <security mode="Transport">
           <transport clientCredentialType="Certificate" />
          </security>
         </binding>
        </basicHttpBinding>

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Friday, November 12, 2010 6:10 AM
    Friday, November 12, 2010 2:40 AM

All replies

• what's your service side configuration?
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:34 AM
  • Hi Venkat,

If you have set IIS server to use SSL/HTTPS and require client certificate, in your WCF service's binding configuration, you should set the security mode to "Transport" and clientCredentialType as "Certificate". e.g.

<basicHttpBinding>
         <binding>
          <security mode="Transport">
           <transport clientCredentialType="Certificate" />
          </security>
         </binding>
        </basicHttpBinding>

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Friday, November 12, 2010 6:10 AM
    Friday, November 12, 2010 2:40 AM