none
Calling Crystal with WCF RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem for which I need advice.

I have a Silverlight application that is producing reports. The way I produce the report is to go out to a WCF project that they uses Crystal reports to create the reports. The reports are passed to Silverlight as a PDF file. I then use a Component One Silverlight control called C1PDFViewer. From here the users can print the report or copy it to another directory for later viewing.

It all works fine except the reports are all landscape but when the users go to print the report the print defaults to portrait. They can change the printer properties to landscape and it prints just fine. However, they will not accept this solution. They are used to having the printer detect that the report is landscape and print landscape automatically. That is how the old application works.

I noticed that if I go into Crystal directly, the reports print in landscape directly so I don’t know why it is flipping back to portrait. I have presented the problem to the Component One who is looking into it but does not have a solution yet.

I would welcome any suggestion include taking a different approach to the problem but the simpler the solution the better.

Bob Avallone

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:02 PM

Answers

• It all works fine except the reports are all landscape but when the users go to print the report the print defaults to portrait. They can change the printer properties to landscape and it prints just fine. However, they will not accept this solution. They are used to having the printer detect that the report is landscape and print landscape automatically. That is how the old application works.

I noticed that if I go into Crystal directly, the reports print in landscape directly so I don’t know why it is flipping back to portrait. I have presented the problem to the Component One who is looking into it but does not have a solution yet.

Hi,

It seems that your question is more related with the Crystal Reports, so it will be better for you to post your question in the Crystal Reports Forums, then in there you will get a good reply from the Crystal Reports expert:
    #Crystal Reports Forums:
    http://forums.asp.net/76.aspx/1?Crystal+Reports .

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 21, 2013 2:21 AM