none
Upgrade VS 2019 to version 16.0.1 failed

Answers

• I finally was able to install VS 2019 in a blank folder. Now it seems to work again.
    • Marked as answer by Arne Garvan Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Arne Garvan,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you run installer as admin to check this issue? If not, please make sure windows updates is up to date and clean up %temp% folder, disable ant-virus program then run VS installer then repair VS 2019.

Once you encounter any error for that block the repair process, please share us the specific error info and use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:00 AM
  • We have tight security and I  can't reach  https://onedrive.live.com/ for an upload of the zip file. I am not able to run repair VS 2019.

• Edited by Arne Garvan Thursday, April 18, 2019 12:01 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2019 12:00 PM
  • Hi Arne Garvan,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please click “Get troubleshooting tips” to know what package influences in this installation. As I said, you can run collect log tool to implement a vslog.zip file in %temp% folder. Extract it and to find the dd_xxx_error.log, dd_<specific package name>.log, then search keyword like “error” or “failed”.

Paste them here.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, April 19, 2019 5:45 AM
  • hi friend,

Do you update VS 2019 successful? if possible, you could also share the specific log here or upload to onedrive. we will help you diagnose it.

May 

Monday, April 22, 2019 9:15 AM
  • They don't support Windows 10 version 1607.

I have a corporate laptop and I am not able to update to a new version of Windows 10.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:11 PM
  • Hi friend

VS 2019 supports the minimum system requirements is Windows 10 version 1703 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise (LTSC and S are not supported).

Are you considering updating your system to the latest? If encounter update issue, please ask for help in windows update forum.

Thank you for your time.

May

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:22 AM
  • I finally was able to install VS 2019 in a blank folder. Now it seems to work again.
    • Marked as answer by Arne Garvan Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:33 PM