none
Remote desktop - Relation between logged users and resources usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have some troubles with my business application. App is deployed on virtual machine, which has 4 cores in use. After 10 users log in, server crashes. We've suggested my client IT Administrator to add some more resources (CPU) in order to prevent crashes. They claims, that number of cores was extented to 8 cores and nothing have changed. Now, can somebody inform me, of which resources we should be concerned mostly? Is it CPU, RAM, or maybe GPU? Or maybe it's not even related with that, but with software (dlls, .NET, etc.) ? We have some troubles with comunication with their Admin and they want us to give straight answer what they should do with virtual machine in order to make app work for 20+ users. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Mateusz

• Edited by Vanghern Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:06 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Mateusz,

There may be many reasons for the system to crash:

• Network Problems
    • System Overload
    • Configuration Errors
    • Hardware Issues

I'm not sure which is the real reason for yours, did you get any exception log files when the server crashed?

Another question is whether server crashes are related to WPF applications? Is the system crashed when the users used your WPF project?

If so, maybe there are some bugs in your project, maybe your project will cause a memory leak. Please check it.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:18 AM