none
Analyze Code Coverage on UWP Test App - Showing Empty results RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using VS 2019 enterprise edition and trying to get the code coverage results for my UWP test app. But results does not show up in code metrics results window.  Output window shows warning message as "Code coverage is not available for Windows Store or Windows Phone apps."

Does Code coverage analysis works for UWP Apps in VS 2017/2019? If not what is the work around?

Thanks,

Jyo

Monday, May 27, 2019 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Jyo,

I will move your case to a more suitable forum instead of UWP forum as you are focus on code coverage tool.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hi ofs-Jyo,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As far as I know, I'm afraid the code coverage could not work for UWP test app currently. And in developer community, other community member which has the same question has post this suggestion to product team. 

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/idea/578972/support-code-coverage-for-universal-apps-uwp-windo.html

Then you could vote it, and please be patient waiting for the response from the VS Product Team Engineers. If there is any update information, we would post here to let you know.

Thank your for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:00 AM