none
Visual Studio won't launch RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

After I opened the iso file and extracted it using 'ISO Opener', I opened this exe. After running this file, i clicked the launch button, the program closed, and nothing happened. Is there any way of fixing this?

Thank you

10ross01

Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hi 10ross01,

I suspect this is either a ISO corrupt issue or opener software issue. Please try with some other ISO open tool to see if the install can continue. You'd better also use the File Checksum Integrity Verifier tool to calculate the hash value. Then you can sure if your ISO is alright for you to install.

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Why you need SDM to install Visual Studio? Does your installer comes from DreamSpark?

If so, actually you should contact their technical support for assistance. Here is the link:

https://www.dreamspark.com/student/support.aspx

I don't have student license so I cannot download Dreamspark ISO to test. And your problem is obviously due to corrupt download of DreamSpark ISO.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 10, 2014 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi 10ross01,

I suspect this is either a ISO corrupt issue or opener software issue. Please try with some other ISO open tool to see if the install can continue. You'd better also use the File Checksum Integrity Verifier tool to calculate the hash value. Then you can sure if your ISO is alright for you to install.

Barry Wang

Sunday, February 2, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Hello,

I am have downloaded the SDM and the iso file, used a different emulator 'Gizmo', and I am still having the same problem. Is there anything else I could do?

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:41 AM
  • Why you need SDM to install Visual Studio? Does your installer comes from DreamSpark?

If so, actually you should contact their technical support for assistance. Here is the link:

https://www.dreamspark.com/student/support.aspx

I don't have student license so I cannot download Dreamspark ISO to test. And your problem is obviously due to corrupt download of DreamSpark ISO.

Regards,

Barry Wang

Monday, February 10, 2014 9:24 AM