none
Debugging workflow in rehost designer

Question

• When a workflow is designed in VS 2010, it is possible to attach to an application with a running workflow instance, set breakpoints in the designer, and have those breakpoints hit.  Is it possible to achieve the same level of debugging if the workflow designer is rehosted in a third party application (i.e. not VS 2010)?
    Monday, July 20, 2009 9:07 PM

Answers

• In the Dev10 timeframe, to exactly have a re-hosted debugging functionality is not something we would be able to provide. However we are providing APIs and samples which would allow you to have grphical Monitoring/Simulator/Reply experince. Would that suffice your purpose? If so, I can then send you a sample through email. The sample would part of B2 SDK.
    Kushal Shah - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:52 AM

All replies

• In the Dev10 timeframe, to exactly have a re-hosted debugging functionality is not something we would be able to provide. However we are providing APIs and samples which would allow you to have grphical Monitoring/Simulator/Reply experince. Would that suffice your purpose? If so, I can then send you a sample through email. The sample would part of B2 SDK.
    Kushal Shah - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:52 AM
  • I'd love to see the sample!   It may be good enough for my needs. Please email me at notre_poubelle AT yahoo.com (Replace AT with @ and remove spaces).  Thank you!!!
    • Edited by Notre Thursday, June 09, 2011 4:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:28 PM
  • Please can you send me the graphical Monitoring/Simulator/Reply samples as well, I believe they will help clear up a number of queries I have had. My email address is rob.hurry AT za.syspro.com
    Thanks,
    Rob
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:19 AM
  • I'm interested in the mentioned samples as well.
    johpje AT yahoo.co.uk

Thanks in advance!
    johpje
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 11:48 AM
  • Hi Kushal,

"simulator" sounds interessting. Could you please send me this sample as well?

e-mail: tobiasm AT winkfz.de

Thanks a lot!
    - tobias
    Sunday, August 09, 2009 10:37 PM
  • Could you please send me the example.
    email: rschaefer At gmx.ch
    Thanks, Rita
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:54 AM
  • Could see send me the sample as well?
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 1:03 PM
  • Just spoke with Kushal about this.  As you know the team has been working to get the beta 2 release ready and given the improvements for beta 2 it is best that we wait for beta 2 for this sample.  Thanks for your patience.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/rjacobs
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Could you please send me the simulator as well? My email address is dutchdre AT hotmail.com
    Friday, October 16, 2009 7:43 AM
  • Ron,

Any word on the state of this sample.  We're rehosting the designer and I'd like to know what level of debugging we can leverage from the framework.

Thanks,
    Vance
    Friday, November 06, 2009 7:30 PM