none
Can't get the file i'm looking for via NugGet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello , we have restrictions as to what we can manually downloaded at work, but apparently we can download files from VS NuGet, but when i try to find the file i need using NuGet, its not showing up in the NugGet found list after the search, for example:

The "Get started with Blazor" example i'm referencing says to install the NET Core 3.0 SDK but manually downloading this file gets blocked by security, so i'm trying to find this same exact file name on NuGet using the following search items, but the file isn't being returned in the NuGet found list, so any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Search terms used on NuGet

sdk

dotnet-sdk-3.0.101-win-x64.exe   (this is the file being downloaded when i select the NET Core 3.0 SDK link)

dotnet-sdk

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:39 PM

All replies

• I think you are looking for Microsoft.AspNetCore.Blazor.   You will still need the dot net core 3 sdk installed to use .net core 3

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:28 PM
  • Hi bobk5444,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, like Ken said above, you need to install .NET Core 3.0 SDK.

Though both of them include dlls and files, there are some differences between them.

• NuGet is an open-source, package-management system that simplifies the process of incorporating libraries into a project solution.
    • An SDK is a collection of files that Visual Studio treats as a single reference item. The Reference Manager dialog box lists all SDKs that are relevant to the project that’s open when you display that dialog box. When you add an SDK to a project, you can access all of the contents of that SDK through IntelliSense, the Toolbox, designers, the Object Browser, MSBuild, deployment, debugging, and packaging.

I think you are following this official document: Get started with ASP.NET Core Blazor and the document has point out that Blazor Server is supported in ASP.NET Core 3.0 and recommend you to install it, because SDK covers more and assembly all dlls, files, tools as a tool kit which could not be covered and cooperated well by NuGet Packages.

I notice you said you blocked by security, if possible, you might could share us with the error message(or maybe it’s related to your policy) and we will help you to solve this issue.

Hope this will help you.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Thanks very much for the help Tianyu!
    Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:02 PM
  • Hi bobk5444,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are glad to hear that our suggestions are helpful to your issue.

If possible, you could mark the useful reply as answer so that other members who have the similar issue could refer to this thread and get more help.

Have a nice day : )

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 1:13 AM