none
Relocating and renaming obj and bin folders? RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone tell me how to relocating and renaming obj and bin folders?

they make my project look messy for reasons like

-obj and bin are lowercase

-they seems to be in the root of my monogame content folder 

anyways if there is a way to permanently relocate these folders and rename them that would be great

I have visual studio 2015 Community 

Friday, May 6, 2016 11:37 PM

Answers

• The following suggestion applies to "normal" C# projects, I do not know if such project customizations will also work on "mongame" projects, you may need to ask in a Mono Game dedicated forum about this.

You should be able to rename/move the bin directory by changing the Output Path project property in project properties on the build page.

The obj can too be renamed/moved but you have to edit the .csproj file for that unfortunately. You need to add

<BaseIntermediateOutputPath>..\obj\$(AssemblyName)</BaseIntermediateOutputPath>

inside a suitable PropertyGroup (usually the first one). The path is relative to the .csproj file, in the above example I set it so that the obj folder is placed outside the project directory (inside the solution directory).

Saturday, May 7, 2016 7:18 AM
  • I figured it had to do with monogames end.

but thankyou for the reply.

Sunday, May 8, 2016 12:52 AM

All replies

• The following suggestion applies to "normal" C# projects, I do not know if such project customizations will also work on "mongame" projects, you may need to ask in a Mono Game dedicated forum about this.

You should be able to rename/move the bin directory by changing the Output Path project property in project properties on the build page.

The obj can too be renamed/moved but you have to edit the .csproj file for that unfortunately. You need to add

<BaseIntermediateOutputPath>..\obj\$(AssemblyName)</BaseIntermediateOutputPath>

inside a suitable PropertyGroup (usually the first one). The path is relative to the .csproj file, in the above example I set it so that the obj folder is placed outside the project directory (inside the solution directory).

Saturday, May 7, 2016 7:18 AM
  • I figured it had to do with monogames end.

but thankyou for the reply.

Sunday, May 8, 2016 12:52 AM