none
How to upgrade from D14REL to Update 3 RRS feed

• Question

• When I take a look at my Visual Studio to confirm which update version it is, it said "D14REL" as below. It is my understanding there are update 1, 2 and 3. What does the "D14REL" means? I do need to upgrade it to update 3 for security reason, but it is installed on stand-alone workstation. No internet access allowed. How can I upgrade it manually?

Monday, June 3, 2019 4:51 AM

Answers

• Hi KELLY_IRVINE,

Thank you for reply.

Did you download .exe file? The exe is a web installer. Since the workstation doesn't access Internet, the error means that the package could not be download.

So we suggest you could download iso file by selecting DVD, it will download complete setup package, but it is a little big. 

Look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by KELLY_IRVINE Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi KELLY_IRVINE,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As your requirement, we suggest you could download the full visual studio 2015 for update 3 to upgrade it from the link below.

https://my.visualstudio.com/Downloads?q=visual%20studio%202015&wt.mc_id=o~msft~vscom~older-downloads 

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, June 3, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi, Dylan. Thank you for the response.

I've upgraded it, but I got error during upgrading process as below.

-------------------------

A setup package is either missing or damaged

(1) Download packages from the internet

(2) Skip package

(3) Please provide a location to search for the package.

--------------------------

However my workstation is in the environment that internet access is not allowed. In this case how can I manually download it? Under (3) there is file name preparation.exe under installer directory. I guess this is the file damaged.

Any advice will be appreciated it. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 1:14 AM
  • Hi KELLY_IRVINE,

Thank you for reply.

Did you download .exe file? The exe is a web installer. Since the workstation doesn't access Internet, the error means that the package could not be download.

So we suggest you could download iso file by selecting DVD, it will download complete setup package, but it is a little big. 

Look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,

Dylan

• Marked as answer by KELLY_IRVINE Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:10 AM