none
Cannot obtain schema from TFS when connected with HP Synchronizer

Question

• I have used HP Synchronizer to connect to TFS (2017 VS Team Services).  I have established the initial connection and am trying to obtain the TFS bug schema.  I am receiving the following error:

ERROR #1- server.link.FAILED_TO_READ_EP_SCHEMA : Failed to read endpoint schema. Error: server.link.FAILED_TO_READ_EP_SCHEMA : Failed to read endpoint schema. Error: server.RemoteExecService.UNHANDLED_EXCEPTION : Unknown exception type is caught: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.FatalAdapterException: buildEntitySchema: disconnected Error converting value "Microsoft.IdentityModel.Claims.ClaimsIdentity;e2550e58-23ee-4e8d-81f1-777633e9a9e2\SVC_HPALM@Sands.com" to type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.Identity.IdentityDescriptor'. Path 'authenticatedUser.descriptor', line 1, position 184....

Can anyone provide any insight into what may be causing this error? 

Synchronizer does reference the VS/TFS client files on the server, and that version is Enterprise 2015 V14.0.25420.1 D14REL.  Synchronizer version is 12.53.0.1416

Please note that Synchronizer support has been unable to assist with this issue, therefore I am asking the question here.  Assistance in interpreting this error would be greatly appreciated.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi MarleneElaine,

I found an article said HP Synchronizer 12.53 supports TFS2015, but I am not sure it is compatible with TFS 2017 or Visual Studio Team Services.

Please confirm whether HP Synchronizer 12.53 supports TFS 2017 now?

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 10:19 AM
  • Presently Synchronizer is not certified to work with the latest version of VSTS.  HPE has been trying to work with me toward a solution but we are having difficulty interpreting this error and determining what fix may need to be applied.  

We were hoping that the community may have some insight, especially as this error appears to have already popped up in the past for some users when connecting Team Explorer and MS Project to VSTS.  

Friday, March 24, 2017 4:03 PM
  • Hi MarleneElaine,

Could you please confirm which product do you use?  VSTS or TFS?

VSTS url like: https://{account}.visualstudio.com/

TFS url like: http://{servername}:8080/tfs

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:59 AM
  • Are you able to connect to TFS at all?

Please be aware that TFS has changed its default authentication model.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudioalm/2017/01/24/team-foundation-server-2017-and-kerberos-authentication/

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:41 AM