none
PowerShell host and getting NuGet packages that uses PowerShell not working due to company policy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

There seems to be a change to how NuGet and the Package Manager Console works in VS2015. When opening the Package Manager Console I get the message:

"Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy successfully, but the setting is overridden by a policy defined at a more specific scope.  Due to the override, your shell will retain its current effective execution policy of RemoteSigned. Type "Get-ExecutionPolicy -List" to view your execution policy settings. For more information please see "Get-Help Set-ExecutionPolicy"."

And it remains disabled/unusable. 

What's worse, I can't pull down NuGet packages that uses PowerShell scripts using the NuGet GUI. An example being the EntityFramework 6.1.3 package. This is due to PowerShell ExecutionPolicy it seems, but it works fine in VS2013. I know NuGet got an overhaul in VS2015 but it seems some part of it that handles execution PowerShell scripts no longer works as before.

I am running VS as Admin.

I don't know if this is a bug with VS or just the fault of my company's security policies. Seems strange it works with VS2013 and not 2015 anyhow.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi  eirik.ardal,

Thank you fro posting in MSDN forum.

As you said that when you opening the Package Manager Console, you get the above powershell error message, I assume that maybe you did not install fine the Nuget package during installing VS2015.

So I suggest you could try to click the Tools->Extensions and Updates->Install tab->Tools->click the un-install.

After you un-install it, please try to re-install it again by selecting Tools->Extensions and Updates check this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:57 AM