none
Debugger does not stop break points in referred Xamarin PCL project (Visual Studio 2017) RRS feed

• Question

• I have two solutions which both contains Xamarin projects (PCL and Droid project). Another solution is main application “frame” running in Android phone. Another solution is application “tool” which is launched from main application.
    Problem is that I am not able to debug “tool” solution PCL project. Break points are hit in “tool” solution Droid project, but not in PCL project?

Issue is repeatable in several projects in different environments and it causes a lot of troubles for our development team.

I have reported same issue from Visual Studio 2017 "Report a Problem", but not get response yet. Problem report sent from Visual Studio also contains sample solution to repeat the problem.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Mika,

Thanks for your posting.

As this issue could be reproduced and you've reported it on developing community(the only place where MS collects the bugs of Visual Studio now), I could see the case link below:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/122221/debugger-does-not-stop-break-points-in-referred-xa.html

Normally, the VS developing team will reply you on that site after confirming the bug, and they will fix it in the next update of Visual Studio.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Monday, October 9, 2017 8:09 AM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 2:13 AM
  • Hi Mika,

How do you call your tool solution from frame solution? Please share the detailed steps about how do you debug your solutions to help us reproduce this issue.

Please add break point in tool solution and when the breakpoint hit, open the Modules windows from Debug menu -> Windows to check whether all symbols are loaded. If the symbol files that related to frame solution is not loaded, you could load it by right-click to choose Load Symbols. Because the symbol files are the import file that used to debug a program.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 9:09 AM