none
C# Classes in well organized way - Need help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have one requirement in C#, explained below.

Each this entity class is a table and its properties are columns of that table

EntityClass1

EntityClass2

EntityClass3

EntityClass4

EntityClass5

EntityClass6

EntityClass7

EntityClass8

EntityClass9

EntityClass10

Each DataSet is a class that should have access to properties of few entity classes listed above

For example

Dataset 1 should have access to properties of EntityClass1, EntityClass2, EntityClass3, EntityClass4, EntityClass5, EntityClass10

Dataset 2 should have access to properties of EntityClass1, EntityClass2, EntityClass4, EntityClass6, EntityClass8

Dataset 3 should have access to properties of EntityClass10,EntityClass9, EntityClass8, EntityClass6, EntityClass5

This above setup should be available in a web service. I want to return the data set to the webUI as I have already said each dataset is a class.

I cannot do the multiple inheritance as C# doesn’t support for multiple inheritance so the below line is not possible

Public class Dataset: EntityClass1, EntityClass2, EntityClass3, EntityClass4,EntityClass5,EntityClass10

I cannot use the Entity classes as Interface the reason is after I inherit I have to implement the properties again in my dataset class.

I do not want to write the duplicate properties in each of my Dataset class.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Selva

Selvakumar Rathinam Team Lead

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 8:33 AM

Answers

• Maybe this would do it. Create a class DataSetSuper that contains fields (or properties) for entities that occur in all of DataSet1, DataSet2 etc (i.e. holds common entities).
    Then for DataSet1, etc, have a field (or property) that is of type DataSetSuper and fields for Entities specific to DataSet1.

Essentially include the entities rather than inherit the.

Regards David R
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones.
    Object-oriented programming offers a sustainable way to write spaghetti code. - Paul Graham.
    Every program eventually becomes rococo, and then rubble. - Alan Perlis
    The only valid measurement of code quality: WTFs/minute.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:48 AM