Pixel Changed Event RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, is there any way that an event can be fired when the color of a particular pixel has changed, my situation is where I have obtained a handle to a window and need to fire an event when the color of a particular pixel has changed, I've searched everywhere but can't find anything, any help would be much appreciated!!!

Regards

David 

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:32 PM

Answers

• I think you'll have to use a timer and periodically check the color of the pixel. I can't imagine how slow the system would be if it had a pixel changed event...a single screen refresh could cause over a million such events.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:58 PM

All replies

• I think you'll have to use a timer and periodically check the color of the pixel. I can't imagine how slow the system would be if it had a pixel changed event...a single screen refresh could cause over a million such events.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:58 PM
  • Hi, i know it can be done by using a timer but my question is can I create some event which only fires when the state of a particular pixel changes, not for all the pixels that make up the screen!!!

Rgds

David

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:45 PM
  • Christopher gave you the correct answer.  The timer's Tick event can fire an event.  Ask a pointed question if you don't understand the approach.
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:22 PM