Change Color/Font of "Find Symbol Results" tool Window. RRS feed

• Question

• So,

the question speaks for itself, but please don't mention anything like "Tools | Options | Fonts And Colors" because that is wrong.  There is no color setting in that dialog that affects the colors of the Find Symbol Results tool window.  I have tried many different combinations on all the available color options and never does the color spectrum change for this window.

My problem is that the background color (highlight) color of all the tokens is a very pale blue on a white background and is extremely hard to see, so i want to set it to a deeper gray color.  thus the tokenized highlight as well as the inactive selection text would be visible all the time.  currently I have to squint really hard and this slows me down.

thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Reac Ruiner

"Never Trust a computer. Your brain is smarter than any micro-chip."
    PS - Don't mark answers on other people's questions. There are such things as Vacations and Holidays which may reduce timely activity, and until the person asking the question can test your answer, it is not correct just because you think it is. Marking it correct for them often stops other people from even reading the question and possibly providing the real "correct" answer.

Friday, May 11, 2012 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Jaeden

Had the same sort of problem a few months ago. Worked it out in the end. The colours are controlled by your windows base colours and not VS. Now I'm still using XP so it was a bit of a pain to sort out. I ended up switching back to Windows Classic style, Advanced, and setting the 'Selected Items' colour to something I could see better. A pain but got use to it now.

Only worked it out when I came across the same problem in Office 2007.

Regards

Eamon

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi JaedenRuiner,

Based on my knowledge, The VS cannot perform this.

You can submit your suggestions to Microsoft Connect feedback portal http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously, thanks.

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, May 14, 2012 6:05 AM
  • Hi Jaeden

Had the same sort of problem a few months ago. Worked it out in the end. The colours are controlled by your windows base colours and not VS. Now I'm still using XP so it was a bit of a pain to sort out. I ended up switching back to Windows Classic style, Advanced, and setting the 'Selected Items' colour to something I could see better. A pain but got use to it now.

Only worked it out when I came across the same problem in Office 2007.

Regards

Eamon

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:17 PM