HTML client table sorting issue RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed that if you click on a column header to sort ascending, then immediately click again, the page loading spinner will spin indefinitely until the page is refreshed. It seems to work if you try to sort, then wait for the full sort operation to complete, then sort again.  However, if you click twice on the header (the way a user probably would :), it fails. This is using VS 2013 updated 3, msls 2.5.1.  Is this a bug?
    Monday, August 25, 2014 5:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:00 AM
    Monday, August 25, 2014 7:31 PM
  • I can also reproduce this. Once that happens the only way to resolve it is to reload the app - even going back to the Home screen does not work. Thanks for pointing it out and reporting.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, August 25, 2014 9:48 PM
  • This does appear to be a issues going all the way back to the original introduction of sorting for the table. It seems to happen if the header is clicked in quick secession. We are investigating.

Patrick Baker (Visual Studio LightSwitch Test Lead)

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:47 PM
  • Thanks Patrick!  That is exactly the problem I am encountering; when the header is clicked in quick secession.  I have found that it does not always do that, but if you click enough times, it will eventually hit this bug.  As Xander reported, once it bugs, the only solution is to reload the page.  Thanks again.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:58 PM
  • I received an email stating that this issue is closed.  Does this mean the bug will be fixed soon?
    Friday, September 5, 2014 2:59 AM
  • Yes. A fix for the issue has been checked in. Not sure when you will see it, but I expect it should be available in the next update to the Microsoft.LightSwitch.Client.JavaScript.Runtime Nuget Package.

-Thanks

Patrick Baker (Visual Studio LightSwitch Test Lead)

Friday, September 5, 2014 5:21 PM
  • Awesome, thanks.
    Friday, September 5, 2014 6:38 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

Great that it is fixed. When will this be released?

Regards,

Steve

Saturday, September 20, 2014 1:10 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

In the meantime, would it be possible to highlight the necessary fix to the msls scripts?
    This would allow developers who are already customising these files to distribute the fix to users sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:11 PM
  • Sorry for the delay. A new update (2.5.2.0) to the Microsoft.LightSwitch.Client.JavaScript.Runtime has been uploaded to the Nuget Gallery. It contains the fix for this issue.

Patrick Baker (Visual Studio Senior Development Lead)

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:28 PM
  • Thanks Patrick for the heads up.  Have a great day!
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:16 PM
  • Okay,  so I was reviewing the new version and there's not a lot new (3 bug fixes from what I can tell), but I feel compelled to say Thank you LS team for this.

Let's just highlight the one issue in this thread: 

8/25 noticed by community member Hessc and bug filed

8/25 repro'd by community member Novascape (same day, now that's community)

8/27 repro'd by MSFT Patrick Baker (less than 2 days later, bravo!)

9/5  bug fixed and checked in, connect case closed (less than 7 bus. days - fixed, wow!)

10/7 msls.2.5.2.0 released to public (okay so it took a month to test and release but give em a break)

In under a week a bug is corrected and in 45 days released to the public.

I think that's swell and hope regular js releases continue.

So thank you LS Team!  Keep up the great work!

Truly,

Josh

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:07 PM
  • Sorry for the delay. A new update (2.5.2.0) to the Microsoft.LightSwitch.Client.JavaScript.Runtime has been uploaded to the Nuget Gallery. It contains the fix for this issue.

Patrick Baker (Visual Studio Senior Development Lead)

I've found an issue with this new release which I've reported as a bug, here is the link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/996206/issues-with-microsoft-lightswitch-client-javascript-runtime-2-5-2

Divyang Vyas

Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Divyang Most likely your prob is you need to update default.html to use the new 2.5.2.css files. I found the nuget removes the prior css but doesn't change links in default.html HTH, Josh
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:00 AM
  • Thanks Josh, you are right that was the problem.

Divyang Vyas

Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:29 AM