none
Change Registry Permissions in VB# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like change the registry access permissions on my created registry keys with VB# 2010.  

I have seen the thread "How to: Use a Script to Change Registry Permissions from the Command Line" ->

"http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q245031" and

the code snippet thread "RegistryRights Enumeration" ->  "http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.accesscontrol.registryrights%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=vb#code-snippet-1".

Here I get allways the Message "ReadKey is not a Member of RegistryRights" or  "ChangePermissions is not a Member of RegistryRights" etc.

Unfortunately, I don't now, how can I use this in an own VB# 2010 program.

I would be happy, I could get a sample for using in VB#

Many thanks for your help

Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:18 AM

All replies

• Exactly what keys and what permissions ?

Saturday, June 28, 2014 1:23 PM
  • I will change all autorun keys for all users on only read access.

Only administrators are able to make write entries on the autorun entries.

I want to do this not manually for every user and keys.

Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:28 PM
  • I will change all autorun keys for all users on only read access.

Only administrators are able to make write entries on the autorun entries.

I want to do this not manually for every user and keys.

It is a Bad Idea to try to defeat Windows security settings.

Why do you want to do this?

--
    Andrew

Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:22 PM
  • I don't want try to defeat the Windows security settings, but rather to make it safer.

No program should have the opportunity to register in the autorun function, other than the admin approves this.

Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:39 PM
  • 99% of all programs use installers that impersonate the user "Trusted Installer" or "System" - they have privileges equal to or higher than "Administrator"

Group Policy I believe can prevent users from installing things, look into that maybe.

Sunday, June 29, 2014 2:25 AM
  • Thank you for the previous answers but unfortunately the discussion do not helps me further.
    Here in the forum is the theme to programming of software with VB.net and not finding an alternative solution, at least I think so?

Could me still give anyone a hint where I can find a detailed description with working samples to this theme? MSDN helps because only limited further and is very confusing.

Many thanks.
    Sunday, June 29, 2014 7:38 AM
  • Your question simply falls in the category "usable for malicious use". 

Be aware it is not important if your reason is malicious, you are not the only one who can visit these forums.

Code usable for malicious use is avoided to give in these forums.

Success
    Cor

Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:02 AM