none
"No test is available in ...." error when trying to run unit tests in Visual Studio Community Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I've just installed Visual Studio Community Edition which I will eventually be using for my test automation framework. However, in order to get up and running I wanted to create a simple unit test project and run it so that it goes 'green' from the Test Explorer Window.

The issue I have is that when I run the test from the Test Explorer window by RHC on it and selecting Run Selected Tests nothing happens in the Test Explorer window. Furthermore, in the Output window I get the below error appear:

"No test is available in .... Make sure that test discoverer & executors are registered and platform & framework version settings are appropriate and try again."

Furthermore, my Visual Studio set-up is as below.

Any help would be much appreciated

Andy

Andrew Tilston

Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:51 AM

All replies

• First, right-click unit test project -> Manager NuGet Package:

Then update those two shown above.

If it's not working, please:

Try deleting VS test cache files in %TEMP%\VisualStudioTestExplorerExtensions and restart VS2017.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Friday, April 6, 2018 7:20 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Monday, April 9, 2018 9:54 AM
    Friday, April 6, 2018 7:20 AM